Shamdasani on the Red Book

I actually haven't gotten to it yet, but I have it on very good authority that Sonu Shamdasani's talk at the Library of Congress on Jung's Red Book is well worth hearing. The webcast can be found here: Carl Gustav Jung and the Red Book (part 1). Shamdasani's talk begins about 16 minutes into the recording. I suspect that it's true as some have said that Shamdasani knows more about Jung than anyone ever has. He is the premier scholar in the field. I've been busy with other things, but high on my reading list is his Jung and the Making of Modern Psychology.

Comments

  1. I am afraid it is James Hillman who comes alive for me in this .
    He manges to still surprise me after all these years of following him, and that is too many maybe.
    He rises beyond the academic and brings us back to the living.
    Also his questions at the end really are questions that invoke a rethinking .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts