Aase Berg



PAUL CUNNINGHAM     02.05.17

[To celebrate the recent release of Hackers (Black Ocean, 2017), Paul Cunningham and Aase Berg met up somewhere in a dark, twisted matrix to talk horses, parasites, translation, revolution, and, of course, hacking. Introduction by poet Rachel Zavecz.]

I am smitten. Completely dumbstruck. I don't even remember how I found out about Aase Berg but it was some online source that I clicked on. I don't remember quite why I bought Remainland but I did and I am only part way through it. So I should not be saying this - but these poems are... I guess maybe they are what I have been looking for for a long long time. Time will tell, but I don't feel like this very often. Thanks largely to Johannes Goransson (who was a student of Jed Rasula!) I don't have to learn Swedish - at least not yet.

Here is a list of some sources - for me as much as for readers:

Response & Bio: Double Room - Spring/Summer 2004

PRESSURES OF LUMINOSITY: AASE BERG’S DARK MATTER AND HDR PHOTOGRAPHY by Ryo Yamaguchi, July 17, 2014

The Swedish edition of Mörk Materia contained collages by Tom Benson. Three of them are shown here. This is the one for "Mare Imbrium":




more coming...


Comments

Popular Posts