Richard Evans Schultes




I've known about Richard Evans Schultes for a very long time. My wife heard him lecture in 1973. And quite a while ago I read something by his student Wade Davis. But since Pollan's new book How to Change Your Mind came out I've revisited some of those long ago interests. I've just read The Lost Amazon (2nd edition) by Wade Davis which is a beautifully illustrated and fairly short version of his longer book One River. Don't miss these books! Schultes was the original Indiana Jones - and his biography is jaw-dropping. I can't recommend either of these enough. And then we discover the The Amazon Conservation Team has a website with an interactive map devoted to Schultes' travels: The Amazonian Travels of Richard Evans Schultes (it may take a while to load - don't give up).



Comments

Popular Posts